Ferencvárosi Torna Club (abbreviated as FTC) is a Hungarian professional sports club based in Ferencváros, Budapest, that plays in the Hungarian League.
On 3 May 1899, Ferencvárosi TC was founded by citizens of the ninth district of Budapest. Ferenc Springer, a lawyer from the same district, was nominated as the first chairman of the club.
The club colours are green and white. In the sign of the club, there are five green and four white line, which symbolize Ferencváros, the ninth district of Budapest. The club’s motto: Morality, Strength, Harmony.
The club mascot is a green eagle; hence another of the club's nicknames, 'The Green Eagles'.
Since the foundation, they are won 28 Hungarian champions, 20 Hungarian Cups, and in 1965 won the European League and the ancestor of UEFA Cup, the BNV.
In 1975, they won the second place on the European Cup.
In 1995, they are the first Hungarian team in the Champions League’s main board. In 2004 they reached the main board of UEFA Cup, so the FTC is the most successful football team in Hungary.
Ferencváros is the most successful Hungarian team on both home and international turf.